Saturday, April 12, 2008

Week in review

It hard lesson I learned this week: Don't chase performance. I was too hopped up being bullish this week that I over looked many key criteria when buying a stock. As of right now, I am heavy weighted in Energy and Chinese stocks. Even though it doesn't feel like a bottom with these Chinese stocks, I do think 5-10 or even 20 years from now, these investments (LFC, CHL) will reap huge rewards. I also took a position in DBA (Power Shares Agiculture) and Natural Gas (UNG) along with Brazilian miners RIO (CVRD) . I continue to think commodities (more so AG the metals) will continue to outperform. I also added Petrobras (largest in my portfolio) this week, I share the same opinion of the legend Ken Heebner that Petrobras could potentially produce oil on a middle eastern scale. In short, I am focusing on the long term now. I do think 23-36 months from now, these investments will reap rewards.

I will be cost averaging and building a bigger position in the Tawian ETF ETW. Taiwan will reap massive fiscal benefits as tensions between China and Taiwan improves. We are already seeing changes taking place. Last week, the Chinese government was said to have removed the missiles that were pointing to Taiwan. I believe Taiwan is a place to really keep an eye on this year.

No comments: